Managing Disputes

About Disputes

Trade House Data  connects providers to tips, leads and research data for background screening companies to use as pointer information.  Disputes about information in any consumer report prepared by a background screening company should be submitted directly with the background screening company that prepared the report.  Since no information that Trade House Data provides can be used in a consumer report, the background screening company is the best source to assist with any dispute of information that they provided.

Steps to Making a Dispute

  1. Identify the background screening company that prepared the report – their name and contact information is normally at the top of the first page of the background check report.
  2. Analyze your background check report and make sure you understand everything it contains. If you find that the reported information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to submit a dispute with the background screening company who assembled and prepared your report.
  3. You can call or write the background screening company that prepared your report (instructions below). They will investigate the accuracy and completeness of the information they reported with their sources and update you with the results of their investigation.

Note: They have up to 30 days to reinvestigate, but it usually takes less time.

For the best outcome, we suggest you provide the background screening company with as much information as possible, including:

  • Your full name (first, middle, and last, including any applicable suffixes (Jr., Sr., II, etc.))
  • Your complete mailing address and phone number
  • Your date of birth
  • Your Social Security Number
  • The item of information in question, and a detailed explanation of why the information is inaccurate or incomplete, and the specific reason for the dispute
  • Any supporting documentation (e.g. court order)
  • Your signature